Part two of our series on DIY Travertine Installation Techniques: Palm Beach, FL – DIY Travertine Pavers Installation
Below is the process Edward in Palm Beach, FL used to install our Premium Select French Pattern Ivory Tumbled Travertine Pavers around his salt water pool:
1. I hired a small team to help me remove my existing brick patio which was full of cracks and broken pieces. If the brick was in better shape, I would have laid the new pavers directly on top of the old ones.
2. Next, I mixed sand and Portland Cement to create a foundation on which to lay the Travertine Pavers. It created a mud-like substance.
3. My team used a yard stick to smooth the mud so the Travertine Pavers would not wobble after being laid.
4. We began to lay the French Pattern on top of the mud. This took less than a day to do.
5. As a border, we decided to use 12×24 Ivory Travertine Pool Coping instead of 6x12s. We used a Flex Bond when installing the border so things would not move around.
6. The next morning we swept sand over the Travertine Pavers, allowing it to fill in the cracks.
7. Once we finished, we sprayed the pavers with the garden hose to set everything.